My library system recently bumped up the holds limit from five items per patron to ten items per patron. Of course, the day it went into effect I went crazy and reached the new limit pretty quickly. Most of the items I added to my list have a status of ‘on order’ – books that I’ve seen on Early Word or BookPage or the Random Revelations brochure that are set for release in late spring/summer. Here are some of the books I’m looking forward to getting in the next few months:
- Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham – I’m not a huge, zealous fan of Gilmore Girls, but I do enjoy the show and can imagine that this novel by the actress who plays Lorelai Gilmore (now in Parenthood) will be charming and funny.
- The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan – I haven’t read anything by Sullivan, but I always like the sound of her books and I love reading about marriage.
- Sight Reading by Daphne Kalotay – I got a few chapters into Kalotay’s first book, Russian Winter, before I realized that it wasn’t for me. I liked her writing, however, and am willing to give her another try.
- Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld – I love Sittenfeld’s novels and have been following her career since Prep came out. She is one of those authors who has my loyalty for the duration.
- The Lovebird by Natalie Brown – This debut sounds quirky and sweet and I think the cover is beautiful.
What do you currently have on hold? What are looking forward to seeing published this summer?