Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
From the top:
1. Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland. I have no particular interest in this, but I saw it on the shelf and thought it looked like something I can get totally captivated by. We’ll see… Has anyone read it?
2. Jamrach’s Menagerie by Carol Birch. Orange Prize nominee, Booker Prize long listed, and it has the sound of a rambunctious and exuberant story. I’m very much looking forward to it!
3. The FitzOsbornes in Exile by Michelle Cooper. This is the sequel to A Brief History of Montmoray which I finished a few days ago and will post about soon. The first novel was a completely absorbing read and I can’t wait to start this sequel.
4. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I got a wild hair the other day and impulsively checked this out. I read it a lifetime ago when I was a teen and Sylvia Plath seemed romantic. I admit I still have a tiny obsession with her!
5. Snowdrops by A.D. Miller. I started reading this Booker long lister last night and am smitten! Decadent, treacherous, cynical Moscow – not my usual fare, but fascinating and witty.
Oooh, my list is making me jealous of myself! I think I brought home some outstanding titles this week. What have you taken out of your library recently?